A lot of stuff is needed to run a shelter and to care for dogs (and kittens) and may be some of these things are just available by you.
So here a list of thing always needed at the shelter to give you an idea:
- Dry biscuit food for Dogs, Cats, Puppies and Kittens and dog chew treats
- Canned/sachet food for Dogs, Cats, Puppies and Kittens
- Tick/Flea products (spray, spot-on, collars)
- Cleaning products: liquid soap, detergent, washing powder, Dettol), Kitchen towels, toilet paper, cotton wool and buds
- Cleaning items: sponge cloths, scrubbing brushes, buckets, mops, brooms, rubber gloves etc.
- Floor mats (we use for shelter animals that cannot walk properly)
- Dog/cat toys: tennis/pingpong balls, plastic toys, soft toys (used is fine, maybe your kids have some soft toys they don’t need any more!)
- Collars and leads for Dogs, Cats, Puppies and Kittens (used is fine!)
- Pages and Carriers (used is just fine!)
- New/used towels and blankets, Dog beds (used for bathing and sleeping on when animal is unwell)
- Any other item you may have for a pet at home that you no longer need that might be useful for Care for Dogs